Thursday, July 4, 2013

Junk bird feeder

Happy 4th everyone. I gathered some junk I had laying around the house and made some bird feeders. I used an old ladder, some bird houses, tart tins, a hanging basket and other stuff. I screwed the bird houses and glued the tart tins to the ladder to keep them sturdy. I also took some tart tins and put them in the hanging basket filled them with water and bird seed and hung it in the tree in my front yard. I already have some birds that are nesting in the tree. Maybe this will make them stay. I love hearing them sing in the morning. I am planing to put the other one in the back yard after I finish redoing it. I am in the middle of freshening up the patio furniture with a coat of paint and up cycling other things. I can't wait to finish it.



This is what I made the ladder feeder out of.




This is how it turned out. What do you think?




I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Thank you for stopping by.
Rebecca

I will be linking up this post with SNS Creative Bird Houses and Feeders at Funky Junk Interiors and Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove. Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage and Show and Tell Saturday at Be Different Act Normal.


5 comments:

  1. These are both so cute! Love the Bird houses! I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is beautiful! I would love to look out into my yard and see on of these...or be a bird! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is just too sweet! Love the blue and the shabby look. Great idea! Thanks for sharing at TTF this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am back to let you know I am featuring this project on my blog this week. Hope that's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lisa! That is wonderful. Your very sweet I'm honored to be featured on your blog.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete