Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Beautiful Books

I was trolling through pintrest and came across a beautiful picture of some old books. I clicked on over to the tumblr where it came from and I was looking through, and it was all beautiful pictures of books and libraries. Huge public libraries, home libraries, book collections, antique books, new books and I found myself day dreaming about going to these places and getting lost in all the wonderful stories. Like a child my heart and mind was filled with the wonders and curiosities of far off places, imaginary worlds and fantastic adventures. That wonderful feeling when a story takes you over and you can see and feel it as if you are living it. On the sidebar of this tumblr were quotes from different authors and poets about the smell of the pages and the perfume of a book. This made me realize that a book is much more than pages of words. It's an experience that wraps your scenes and can be as real as you can imagine. I also realize I am not the only one who loves to get lost in a wonderful story. This post is dedicated to the beauty of books.The tumblr where I found this inspiration is called Breathing Books. Click on over and find some for yourself.   

Rebecca 



I love to decorate with old books and if I'm lucky one day I will have a library
 filled with wonderful old books.



Sharing with Feathered Nest Friday
and Literacy Musing Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment