Monday, October 17, 2016

Miniature Haunted House

I have this twisted love affair with haunted houses. Not the kind of haunted houses that are designed to have people and things jump out at you to scare the pants off of you. But the ones that you find on a haunted house tour. Old houses and abandoned houses with a dark history. I find them very mysterious and the mystery makes me want to dive in and uncover the story no matter how scary it might be. My husband and kids won't go with me on one of these tours and as a matter of fact no one in my family is interested. Not everyone likes that sort of thing. 

This time of year always brings to mind dark imaginings. 


I found this old doll house at a yard sale. 



It was falling apart and dirty. I thought it would be perfect for a miniature haunted house.



Even though my daughter doesn't want to go anywhere near a real haunted house she did help me 
with this one and we had lots of fun putting it together. Now she wants us to write a 
scary story about this little old house and why it's haunted. Maybe she is a 
little like me after all. 

Happy Halloween Haunting Everyone


Sharing this post with a few party people.


2 comments:

  1. Your dollhouse is adorable! I'm with you - I prefer mysterious. I like movies that are suspenseful rather than gory. Only during Halloween will I come near watching stuff like that! Although my husband actually sat still long enough to watch Jekyll and Hyde on Turner Classics last night. :) Anyhoo, I saw your comment on Vanessa's (A Fanciful Twist) post and thought I would let you know that people don't always comment, but if you post it they will read it! :) Keep going! :) Rhonda Roo of Roo's Treehouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the encouragement:) I will keep going.

      Rebecca

      Delete