Friday, November 4, 2016

Salvaged Tray

Bringing back to life something that might otherwise be discarded is rewarding. I find myself looking at things and thinking "What can I do with that?" and I enjoy coming up with ideas. People always tell me (especially my husband) "What are you going to do with that junk?" and of course my response is "I will think of something." So when I saw that my Mother in law was getting rid of a metal tray my mind lit up with all kinds of ideas. Laterally lit up! Light bulb above my head and everything. Well maybe not literally ;) So she said if I wanted it I could have it. She knew I would do something with it. Right away I thought  of painting it. Using paint to update something is so simply and so easy. It definitely turned out better than I imagined. The paint highlighted the details and brightened it up. I used the new Valspar chalky finish spray paint and did a little distressing and a light amount of stain. I am going to use this for a Thanksgiving dinner table centerpiece. There was going to be a before picture but I am not to tech savvy. I accidentally deleted it and could not figure out how to get it back and it was not frustrating at all...... That will teach me to only take one. Didn't think I needed more than that. But I took plenty of after pics and here they are.
Happy Friday everyone.






Paint can works wonders. This was a very dull tray and with just some paint 
it looks completely different and ready to shin again.



Thanks for stopping by.
Rebecca


2 comments:

  1. So glad it wasn't frustrating at all (LOL); I hate it when stuff like that happens. You handled it with grace :) Your tray looks just lovely and is so nicely decorated. Thanks so much for linking up with Vintage Charm--we enjoyed having you!

    ReplyDelete