Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Holding My Fathers Hand

The last time I would ever hold my father's hand. I had been holding onto his hand for hours not wanting to let go. It was a crazy mix of emotions this weekend. Lots of tears and lots of hugs. Tears of sadness for what's to come and tears of joyful memories from the beautiful and sometimes crazy life he lead. We were all here for him as he chooses his time to completely let go. Sharing stories of happy times and sorrows of things unsaid and words not spoken. But apologies of past behavior and regrets of plans never having come to fruition are not what's important. Only love, surrounding him with all our love. Because he is loved and always will be.
At 2:45 pm this 28th day of April 2017, Edgar Ray Peck left this world peacefully and with his last breath I heard him say goodbye. 
I still don't want to let go. My heart aces and I will miss him more than words can express.

Image may contain: one or more people and ring

No comments:

Post a Comment