Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Salvaged

Wow can't believe it's been over a year sense I have posted anything. I didn't even realize it had been that long. So I'm just going to jump right in. This is a piece I made for a friend. She loves horses and vintage so I wanted to use some of the old salvaged pieces I have been hording. That is my plan for this year, to get out the large ever growing stash of things I have collected and use it to create. I am not one for sticking to plans but this is something I really want to do and I hope that is enough to keep me motivated.

I used an antique book cover for the base.


Added some old salvaged pieces like a rusty nail, found bottle,
another rusty piece that looks like maybe a pipe clamp
and a horse cut out of salvaged metal that I got at
a Junk Flea Market.


A piece of an antique book page, some chipboard embellishments,
cheese cloth and flowers to soften it up.


I attached it to an old leather razor strap for hanging and that
was it. Oh I also decoupaged a piece of decorative paper
behind the horse to look like an old barn in the background.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my first piece and post
of the year.

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment