Saturday, August 24, 2019

Something Wicked This Way Comes




This is the first of a series of four that I am going to create called 
"The Society of the Supernatural". This one is Witches and Warlocks.  



I had these pages form an antique photo album that was falling apart 
and I've been wanting to do something with them for a long time now.
As I was looking around for inspiration I finally came up with
something that incorporates my favorite Holiday. HALLOWEEN!
I used distress and oxide distress inks and sprays with crackle paste to 
grunge it up.


  

      The apothecary bottle was simply done with tissue paper and distress ink
       that was glued on with mod podge. I added a string around the neck with a little metal
           tag. The stamps I used for this project are Tim Holtz Halloween
stamps except for the witches had. That is an older one I have .


I added some stamping and stamp embossing. The hats were done with
stamp embossing on card stock and then I fussy cut them out.
I have a collection of antique cabinet cards but I didn't want to altered them.
So I made a photocopy onto coffee stained card stock to use.


I glued the photocopy in before I added the hats. Then I wanted to add some 
water drops to the distressed photo frame. I didn't think about covering the
photo but it turned out ok. The water drops gave a great eerie/spooky
effect on the photo. See the one that landed right on his eyes. Love that.



Then I added the embellishments. The skulls and cross bones with moss and 
some tattered cheese cloth. Tucked in a couple of vintage apothecary labels and added
one of the Tim Holtz black resin roses with a little embossing to give it some 
crustiness. The metal adornment in the right hand corner also needed some crustiness. 
I distresses it with mushroom and sepia alcohol inks. Then did some embossing
to add the yummy texture.

Thank you 
Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking to burn fat then you certainly need to get on this brand new personalized keto diet.

    To create this service, certified nutritionists, fitness trainers, and cooks joined together to develop keto meal plans that are effective, convenient, economically-efficient, and fun.

    Since their launch in early 2019, hundreds of individuals have already transformed their figure and health with the benefits a proper keto diet can provide.

    Speaking of benefits; in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-certified ones provided by the keto diet.

    ReplyDelete