Thursday, September 12, 2019

Sanitarium



She looks like she doesn't want to be there. Like she wants to escape.
Everyone whispers about her. "Such a beautiful girl, why does she 
always look so unhappy?" She longs to be free. Free from the 
judging eyes and free of her own dark thoughts.


This project I did with a background that was made using a technique from
 Tim Holtz live tutorial. I started with this antique tintype of this beautiful girl
with such a haunting look on her face. (notice how shes not wearing any shoes)
I couldn't help but imagine what she might be thinking.


I did the print technique from the tutorial. I spritzed a piece of cardstock
with water. Then I sprayed Tim Holtz Walnut Stain, Wilted Violet and
Spiced Marmalade distress Oxide Spray. Then I added some
Black Soot distress Spray Stain. Sprayed it with water
and moved it around. Then I laid another piece
of cardstock on top to soak up all the colors. I am always amazed
at how colors turn out. 


After it was dry I sprayed some Rusty Hing Oxide spray and added
some water droplets. Then I splattered some Picket Fence. I Added
a piece of an old proscription and Pharmacy postage stamp. The stamps sets that
I used were Tim Holtz Architecture, Correspondence and Mini Halloween 5.
I embossed the palm reader hand with black embossing powder 
and splattered some black soot Spray Stain to look like ink spots. I distresses
the edges of everything with Gathered Twig distress ink and used 
Ranger Black Soot and Ground Espresso archival ink for the stamps.


For the bottle pen I uses Mushroom and Sepia alcohol ink to distress the bottle
and pen nib. I had to move the bottle around while the ink dried to give it that 
drippy look. Then I glued the nib to the bottle with hot glue. The label
is one of the sticky labels that came with the Tim Holtz Ideaology
Apothecary vials. I crinkles it up and distressed it with black soot ink.


I noticed that the stamp on the prescription is No. 11 so I put two of Tim Holtz
Ideaology numbered index clips on the bottom of the tintype. "11" Reminds me of that show 
Stranger Things. Love that show. 

Here is a free printable of some of my tintypes for you to use 
on your projects. This is my first printable and I'm not very computer savvy so 
I didn't do any digital enhancing of these. I just scanned and uploaded. If you 
are interested in a printable of the tintype I used for this project
let me know. The first scan I did included that one too but
it didn't work. I could try it again. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment