Friday, October 4, 2019

Count Dracula


Hello everyone, I so enjoy the month of October. The weather is cooler
and everywhere I look I am reminded that this is the month
for mischief and me ham. Where the wicked, scary, creepy and
odd get to shine. I am a Vampire fan and one of my favorite things to do in
October is watch and many Vampire movies as I can. So of course
the second altered page of my series "The Society of the Supernatural"
is Count Dracula. I am drawn to his dark and tragic love story.


I started by standing up the album page and spraying it with Tim Holtz distress Oxide 
spray in black soot, fired brick and ground espresso in random spots than
sprayed water so the colors would drip down the page. Then I dried it with a heat gun and
rubbed black soot distressed ink pad around the edge. Then I did some water drops and
splattered it with black soot, fire brick and pumice stone Oxide spray. I added the bats on the top
left with a stencil and black soot distress ink and the top right is Tim Holtz Decayed stencil
that I sprayed distress oxide spray pumice stone on and flipped it over and did
a print. A technique he showed on Facebook live.


For the "Count Dracula" plaque I used moulding clay in a Prima Marketing IOD mould. 
Sprayed it with Pumice Stone Oxide spray and distressed it with black soot 
distress crayon. I rubbed it in with my fingers and added a little water to get it in 
the grooves. Then I printed "Count Dracula" from my computer on a sheet
of transparent sticker paper. The words "Blood is Life Love is Forever" are typed
on a piece of coffee stained paper with one of my ole type writers and then torn and 
distressed with black soot ink. I decoupaged them and a torn and distressed piece
of paper from the Tim Holtz abandoned paper stash.


I used red sealing wax and a seal for the lower right with some gauze behind it. The
gauze was stained with black soot oxide spray. I dripped some of the wax in
random spots. Added some washi tape, stained gauze and a bat from The Tim Holtz
Halloween adornments that I colored with black soot alcohol ink. I also melted some wax
behind the bat over the gauze then pressed the bat in it. I like the dark blood red color.


Added another bat from the Tim Holtz Halloween Idea-ology line and a red resin rose to 
to the middle of the wax seal. 


And for the Count himself, I photocopied an old cabinet card on to coffee
stained card stock then inked the edges with fired brick and black soot distress ink.
Then I used an oval shaped piece of card stock to mask the Count and sprayed
some water to give the edges a faded and distressed look. The hat I did the same
as the first page "Witches and Warlocks" that you can see here and the fangs I
just used distress spray ink Picket Fence and a pen nib calligraphy pen.

Thank you for stopping by and
Have a spooky day.
Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment